||04:45, 10:45, 16:45, 22:45
||09:45, 15:45, 21:45, 03:45
- The Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) is a next-generation mesocale numerical weather prediction system designed to serve both operational forecasting and atmospheric research needs. WRF is a cooperation between National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Forecast Systems Laboratory (FSL), Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA), Naval Research Laboratory, University of Oklahoma, and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This software are runned on our server.
- Using the opened data from the Finnish Meteorological institute. Covers Finland only.
- The proff-default 4km meteorological data is a best-guess selection of meteorological models run at met.no and joined/interpolated into a common dataset. Provided by Norwegian Meteorological Institute.
- The Global Forecast System (GFS) is a global numerical weather prediction computer model run by NOAA.
- dBZ stands for decibels relative to Z. It is a meteorological measure of equivalent reflectivity (Z) of a radar signal reflected off a remote object
- Convective available potential energy (CAPE), sometimes, simply, available potential energy (APE), is the amount of energy a parcel of air would have if lifted a certain distance vertically through the atmosphere.
- K-Index is a measure of the thunderstorm potential based on vertical temperature lapse rate, moisture content of the lower atmosphere, and the vertical extent of the moist layer.
- Convective index used for forecasting severe weather.
Credits/Info: Thanks to Stefan Gofferje at sääkeskus.fi for some of the formulas for GrADS. Infos: Wikipedia.
. Reusage without permission forbidden.